Thursday, March 18, 2010

Luck or Opportunity?

By Tony Miltenberger, Director of Leadership and Outreach for Life Success Seminars

Every year around St. Patrick’s Day, we hear stories about luck--luck of the Irish, treasure at the end of the rainbow, little green men who can change your destiny.

I have to be honest--I don’t believe in luck.

As a disclaimer, I’m not Irish. And aside from my 4-year-old son (whom my wife loves to dress up), I’ve never seen a little man dressed in all-green.

What I have seen is a successful person. Success comes from hard work and finding the one thing you want in life more than anything else. When you find that one thing, hold on to it and don’t let go.

Dictionary.com defines luck as “good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance.” I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to leave my success to chance. I’d rather go get it myself!

Life is full of unfair opportunities; successful people know that and constantly take advantage of it.

I hope you had a Happy St. Patrick’s Day--and take the opportunity to find your own pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment