Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What Are You Hunting?

By Mike Monahan, CEO and executive director of Life Success Seminars

My wife, Nancy, and I have an English Setter named Belle. If you ever see Belle, there's a good chance she'll be running around our yard with her tail wagging.

Belle looks like the happiest dog in the world, but I'm not sure she really is that happy. She is from a long line of champion bird dogs; hunting birds is in her DNA. The reality is that Belle is obsessed with hunting birds, 24 hours a day.

I meet a lot of people who tell me that they're happy. But just like Belle, they seem to be obsessed with hunting something that causes stress. What have you been hunting? Approval, money, power? Are you even sure of what you really want in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment