Monday, August 23, 2010

Trust Me

By Mike Monahan, executive director and CEO of Life Success Seminars, Inc.

How many times have you heard, "You can trust me"? Maybe it's my inner skeptic, but that statement raises a red flag for me. I often think, "Yes, I can, but I don't trust you."

Trust can't be dictated--it has to been earned. It doesn't matter if the role you're playing is one of parent, boss, friend or community leader, you can't demand that people trust you.

If you want to earn the trust of others, honesty and respect are the keys to building a trusting relationship. And it's important to remember that even if you do all the right things, you can't guarantee that others will trust you.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO true! People who can really be trusted generally don't NEED to say "trust me."

    Sheryl P.

    ReplyDelete