Monday, August 2, 2010

Too Young ... Too Old

By Mike Monahan, executive director and CEO of Life Success Seminars Inc.

As we grow up, adults often don't trust our decisions because we are too young. When we get out of school and start our careers, it takes awhile before we can be trusted because we are young and new.

On the other hand, if you've been around awhile, you can't be trusted because you resist change and are stuck in the past. You act like you know what you're doing and think you know what you're talking about!

My conclusion is that we only have a few years in the middle when we can be trusted. The problem with this premise is that I didn't trust myself during those years! But remember, I could be wrong. After all, I'm too old and stuck in the past to be trusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment