Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pictures

By Mike Monahan, CEO and executive director of Life Success Seminars Inc.

I believe that the mind sees information in pictures. If you do, too, doesn't it make sense to envision your goals as more than words?

I have a 4 ft. x 8 ft. whiteboard in my basement. I write my goals on the whiteboard, and I also draw pictures of what I want. For example, last year I had the goal to write my book "From the Jungle to the Boardroom." And I did! My book was published in April 2011.

This year, I had a goal for the book to be a #1 best-seller. So I drew a picture of my book with a BIG "#1" written on it. And I achieved my goal! My book debuted at #1 on Inc. magazine's best-seller list. (BTW, my book is available at Amazon.com and 800ceoread.com.)

Is it time to sit down and play with the ideas that live inside you? Get a notebook or a whiteboard and start to draw. Put your imagination on paper and create a visual map to your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment