Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Talking or Doing

By Mike Monahan, CEO and executive director of Life Success Seminars Inc.

Have you ever stopped and looked at who in your life has had the biggest influence on you? Did those people tell you what to do or did they show you what to do? The people who have the most impact in my life are those who lead by example.

When my children were young, I told them what to do. I thought I was in control, and I liked having control. As they got older, I noticed that they were paying less attention to me. I eventually realized that the only way I was going to influence them was by being an example. I actually had to do something different.

Talk is cheap. You have to show people who you are in order for them to follow you for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment