Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hot Dog!

By Mike Monahan, CEO and executive director of Life Success Seminars Inc.

In the Basic seminar, we refer to a challenging situation as an HDO--hot dog opportunity. We all have many HDOs occurring in our daily lives. If you've raised a teenager, you know what the ultimate HDO looks like!

While everyone has HDOs, how you handle them is up to you. When I was younger and raising five children, I handled tough events with anger and frustration. I would try to control the outcome by using fear.

As I get older, I don't have the energy to deal with challenging situations in the old way. I learned new applications such as listening, patience and trusting to resolve HDOs. When is the last time you retooled your apps? Maybe now is the time. Hot dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment