Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Help! I'm Drowning!

By Mike Monahan, CEO and executive director, Life Success Seminars Inc.

One of the best techniques to get someone to help you is to look like you're in distress. If you're too lazy to get out of bed to turn off the lights, you need the Clapper. If you fall down a lot, you need Medic Alert. If you're drowning in life, you need a full-time Lifeguard.

Lifeguards are funny--they get in relationships with drowning people so they can keep their jobs. Imagine that you're in a relationship and every day your partner gets up, jumps in the pool and cries out, "Help! I'm drowning!" How many days would it take before you figured out the game?

Who is playing Lifeguard with pretend drowning victims?

1 comment:

  1. Been there. Did that. I think I even got a t-shirt. Apparently I had to learn first-hand that I do NOT like drama! Contrast is a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete